Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Wound Badges

Hi all,

I have just bought these three wound badges and i would like your thoughts on them.....i am a novice when it comes to ww1 german and am really worried about fakes. The Gold badge is marked L/54 but the other two are not marked...
    http://photobucket.com/donnie3277

Many thanks, Donnie

The black and silver appear to be issue pieces. Are they magnetic? The gold would be a private purchase piece from the 20-30s. Your EK2 is on the wrong ribbon btw.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Many thanks for your help.......i will sort the EK2 ribbon....also the Gold WB is the one with the makers mark?...i expect that L/54 were still producing these in the 20's and 30's? does this badge still count as an original or a repro as it was not issued?

Again, many thanks for your help...it is much appreciated. Donnie

Comment

A wound badge marked L/54 should be something made in the 40's shouldn't it? Unless it's old stock restamped with the LDO number. If a badge is original but unissued, it's still considered good. Unissued items are often sought after because they are often mint or in very good shape.

Comment

An L/ mark would be from the 40s. The style of badge (ie, when the die was made) is from the 20-30s era. I suspect the L/# was added after the LDO regs required it.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi mate,

Here is some better pics....on closer inspection the mark is L54 not L/54....

I hope these help, Donnie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X