X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian Pilot's Badge

Gentlemen,

Can you all have a look at the following eBay item number:

Your views on this pilot's badge, please!

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Hello. Here is a picture of my badge. Unfortunately I don't have a scan of the back, but it looks just like the one on ebay. Maybe this can work as a comparison. I bought mine from a reputable source so I can vouch for it as genuine.

Dan Cole

Comment

I've never had or seen one, so "I know nothing!" I seem to remember a bit of a flap during a part of the 1980s when I was still just collecting Third Reich that some of these were being faked, Zimbler Wien comes to mind--but they were a legitimate maker (I think) back during the war too, so how one could tell Which is Which, I dunno.

Given the size of the Austro-Hungarian air forces, like anything else, I'd say Be Careful. Lord knows there is enough fake German stuff out there!

Comment

I bought several of these in the 70s from the infamous Ken Lane (of Luxemburg, Austria, and elsewhere - he seemed to have a need to keep one step ahead of somebody), including Franz Josef and Karl pilot, Navy pilot, etc. As I recall, they cost something like $8 each. Since then I've seen quite a few (relative to theoretical rarity) and have only seen one that didn't look like those from my friend Ken. Ho-hum workmanship compared to other items of the period, excellent to near mint condition, expensive but still very affordable prices. For my money, another one to tiptoe around unless you've got a big roll of pesos you just can't figure out how to get rid of.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X