Help with identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with identification

I recently found this cross and through my research have found nothing about it. Hope someone can help and maybe even accertain the value. On the front and center of the cross is a "Red Cross", and on the back, top has a "Crown", middle has the initials "AW", and at the bottom the date "1870-1871". Thanks!

My pictures can be found at the bottom of page 2 under 1870 Stunner.
    Last edited by broken9597; 03-28-2008, 07:27 PM.

Sounds like the War Honor Cross for Women and Virgins. Does it look like an Iron Cross made of glass?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes it does look like it's made of glass. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would. then you could see it.

Comment

You have to be an Association Member (costs $25) or use a hosting service like imageshack etc...
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Compare it to the one here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=virgins
          pseudo-expert

Comment

WOW! That's it. Awesome. Thank you so much. Do you know where I can find out more information about it? History? Value? Thanks again!!!!!!

Comment

The "Maiden's cross" was given out by Queen Augusta to acknowledge
              the contribution made by women in caring for the sick and wounded
              during the Franco-Prusiion war. A total 2992 were handed out making
              them a relatively hard to find cross. Queen Victoria of England and
              American Red Cross founder Clara Barton were a couple of the more
              famous reciptiants.

The details on these things is amazing. Much nicer than anything you
              will find in the Third Reich. IMO Mine is one of my most prized pieces
              of my collection.
              Last edited by gregM; 03-29-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X