ok i give up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i give up...

part of a lot im getting rid of is a cross, which is some sort of lowly world war one cross.

unfortunately i cannot upload photographs anywhere (and it keeps crashing my broadband connection whenever i try!!!), so ill do my best to describe it.

its a bronze coloured maltese cross, on the obverse of which is a circle in the centre, containing an eagle with wings outstretched (a lot like a prussian eagle to my eye), the left arm with the date 1914, the right with 1918. there are two crossed swords at the top of the upper arm.

the reverse is plain, except for within the central circle is embossed 'ehren-bunds deutsch weltkriegs-teilnehmer' and beneath the letters e.v.

i canot post any pics to photobucket nor any other hosting site (no idea why) and so im hoping someone here can solve this mystery.

ive searched here there everywhere (and google) but the no avail.

thanks for your time guys

joel

Hi joelhall,

From your description, I cannot come up with an actual “state” award. However, the 1914 on the left arm and the 1918 on the right make me think that it is a post war commemorative or veteran’s association award.

Surely other members who are more knowledgeable in these areas will solve the mystery.

Good luck,

Wild Card

Comment

does it loook like this http://server6.gs-shop.de/200/cgi-bi....htm&PKEY=D7CD

then it is a post 1918 veteran’s association award.

haynau

Comment

ah thanks.

yep thats the one, but it has no ribbon.

cheers for the help

joel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X