Yard Sale Find Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Sale Find Help Please

I found these badges at a local yard sale. Are they fake or real? What are they issued for? They both have maker markings. The silver has an "A" marking and the bronze has an"OLC" marking.
    Attached Files

clasps
    Attached Files

Comment

"A" marking
      Attached Files

Comment

"OLC" marking
        Attached Files

Comment

Brd

They are "modern" (e.g. within my lifetime) German Bundeswehr badges.

Comment

Bundeswehr Achievement Badges (all services)

From at least 1971 for Active, Reservists after 1973

Three classes: Bronze - Silver - Gold

I know nothing of the award criteria
            Last edited by David S; 03-01-2008, 11:03 PM. Reason: crs

Comment

I got the bronze in 1975 for Gunnery on a joint German,Italian, British gun trials (FH70), NICE BADGES

Comment

The "A" is for Assmann. Not sure who the "OLC" maker is.

Comment

Leistungsabzeichen

I also received both while assigned to support a Bundeswehr artillery regiment. The criteria was to have earned the Schutzenschnur, by firing the P-1 (P-38) Pistole, the UZI MP (1970's), The "MG 42", and the G-3 Rifle. Complete their Physical Training test of putting the shot, swimming, Running, and then completing a full kit march for I think, 5km, bronze, 10km Silver, and 15 for the gold badge. You also had to be recommended by (in my case) your battery commander. You could only earn the next higher level by testing the following year and showing improvement to meet the Silver or Gold standard. Standards were based on age. I ran into Bundeswehr Liason Officers in garrisons across the states that awarded it for just completing the American Army PT Test and then doing the full kit march. It then picked up the conotation of being the Bundeswehr "PT" badge. Too bad as I always wore mine with pride along with the Bundeswehr para badge for having done it with my Bundeswehr battery.

Comment

Algemein Sexual Assault Badge

As with all awards, these also had their nick names.
                    However, while attending several reunions in Germany, I was always asked how I came to wear the General Assault Badge by the veterans. They were not familiar with the new badges being earned in the Bundeswehr so I took it off to show them that it didn't have the crossed grenade and bayonet nor the swastika. They thought it was great that the Bundeswehr had a badge that looked like one they use to wear!

Comment

Leistungsabzeichen II

As with all badges in the military, this one picked up the nick name of the Allgemeine Sexual Assault Badge! However, when I attended reunions of some of the WW2 Regiments, the vets would come and marvel that I was wearing a General Assault Badge. As many were coming out of Austria, it was a common mistake when I wore the silver grade of the Leistungsabzeichen. So I took it off and let them look at it. They were impressed that the Bundeswehr was trying to keep some of the old traditions!

Comment

Hi,

OLC = Overhoff und Cie. Lüdenscheid

There are two different badges, "Leistungsabzeichen" and "Reservistenleistungsabzeichen", for 5, 10 and more tests with the related number on the badge.

See the regulations:

http://www.pumakompanie.de/HTML_dat/...eien/37_10.pdf

For the Leistungsabzeichen: No. 568 - 570, page 218/219,

where to wear it: Anlage1/1 No. 11, page 230,

and for the award criteria: Anlage 9, page 262ff.

Kondor:
                        "...5km, bronze, 10km Silver, and 15 for the gold badge."

That could only be for very, very old foreigner, but see page 263: 20km Bronze, 25km Silver and 30km Gold, in battle dress.

Regards
                        Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X