Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of Hohenzollern Document

Hello to all,

Does anyone happen to know an approximate value for an award document for the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern, Knight's Cross with Swords? I am asking this for a friend, as I have no idea about the value of this type of thing. I have not seen the document yet, but it supposedly has either a signature or facsimile signature of the Kaiser. I will try to post a picture of the document, after I get a chance to see it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Hi,

the price depends very much on some facts:

- who got the Order? (anonymous reserve Lieutenant or prominent General Staff LtCol)
    - when was it awarded? (early and rare 1916 or late 1918 mass-award)
    - what else is in the grouping? (I would like a single Hohenzollern doc accompanied with other things like the fitting EK docs)
    - who signed it? (Willy II himself signed nearly NO HOH3X docs in WW1 - not his level)

And a pic would be really helpful.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for responding. As I mentioned, this document belongs to a friend of mine. I have not seen the document yet, but he will be bringing it to the SOS so I should be able to get a good look at it then. I will also try to get a photo of it.
      In speaking with him further, I learned that this document is actually for the Knight's Cross w/o Swords. (Sorry about the mix up.) It was awarded on February 12, 1894, apparently to a professor. The name on the document is Dr. Wilhelm Traugott Ferdinand Hirschfelder. The document is signed "Wilhelm" and my friend is pretty sure that it is the signature of the Kaiser.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X