Poure LeMerite with Oakleaves opinions please..... --->>>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poure LeMerite with Oakleaves opinions please..... --->>>>>

I would very much like to hear a few thoughts about this PLM with Oakleaves. Anyway thank you very much for your input.

Les.
    Attached Files

Front.
    Attached Files

Comment

Back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Try posting this in the Imperial Forum. Personally I don't have much hope for it. The oaks look terrible.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Well for starters theres not many about of these...

James M

Comment

Les, I'm no expert but this appears to be a Rothe-style fake made in very poor metals and enamel. The ribbon looks like it is synthetic. The enamels are flat and bubbled. The metals look like they have a thin wash over zinc or some low-grade metal. The details are not there. I would save my money unless this was very cheap ($100 or less) and you just want a copy. Sorry. Maybe the other guys see something with this piece. Hope this helps, Steve

Comment

I believe this is a modern cast repro of the Rothe style PLM. I've seen a few of these around, apparently made within the last couple of years and sold simply as repros for about $25, with no intent to fool anybody. The oakleaves are based on the 1939 Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross oakleaves, and are very crudely cast. The case if fairly elaborate for such an inexpensive repro, and I haven't seen anybody selling repro cases of this type, so I'm not sure of the origin of the case.

Tim
                "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Thanks Guys for your help, I was wanting to ask others because it was too cheap to be true. They wanted 2000$ Anyway Thanks again.

Comment

case is also very modern

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X