Two New Parade Mount EK2s. IW & EW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two New Parade Mount EK2s. IW & EW

It seems like a long time since I picked up a new maker marked Imperial EK2, because quite frankly it's getting harder to find makers I don't have. However, I do have a little side collection of single parade mounted EK2s going, which is currently up to six examples. Whenever I see a decent example at a fair price I grab it if I can. I was purchasing an EK1 from a dealer and I saw these two available. I usually don't care if the single mounts are maker marked or not and even though there was no mention of marks in the sales description, I could see that at least one of them was marked. I assumed it would one of the usual gang of suspects, you know KO, KAG S-W or UR (unreadable). I never asked and just left it as a surprise for when they arrived. Well not only were these examples in top condition, with great looks they were both marked clearly with not one but two makers I do not have in my collection, and ones I don't believe you see that often, because I'm constantly looking. What a bonus! The marks were IW and EW, with the W in that one only slightly not struck. These are both great examples in my mind. First up the IW
    Attached Files

The rear of the IW.
    Attached Files

Comment

Her's the full view with the mounting device.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the rear showing the device particulars. This one appears to have some fabric added to what I feel is a commercially made device, because it has similar hardware to other ones I've seen. Perhaps, these plates were available bare, with the recipient responsible to add the proper ribbon and medal, because underneath the blue fabric it appears to have a homemade type stiching. Does anyone have any information on how these were done?
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the EW, another nice one.
          Attached Files

Comment

The rear of the EW.
            Attached Files

Comment

The full view with the mounting device.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the rear. This mounting device looks completly homemade. It's a plate, with a safety pin soldered on and a sharp pin for the medal also soldered on. The sewing for the ribbon can also be seen. I like this personal touch that was obviously done by the veteran. You really get to touch a piece of history when you handle an item like this.
                Attached Files

Comment

nice mounted crosses

Comment

Those are beauties Steve - great condition and patina.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                      Those are beauties Steve - great condition and patina.

Thanks guys. I did really well here. Added to my parade mount collection, picked up two new maker marks I never had, and both are very nice to boot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X