EK2 Mystery Mark Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Mystery Mark Solved

I've had this EK2 for about a year and a half. It originally came with a ribbon with an EK2 spange attached. I found out the spange was fake and the seller refunded the money. However, I knew the EK was good and it had two marks on the small ring that attaches to the cross, not the ribbon ring. I could never figure either out. One was like a stylized A the other looks like 3 letters or numbers. Well, I googled J. H. Werner the other day and came across this useful site about hallmarks and such.

http://www.medalnet.net/Hallmarks.htm

Anyway, there was one mark there, a winged A that is said, and I quote "for pieces made of silver imported into Austria after 1902" It replaced an earlier AV mark. Anyway, the minute I was it I knew it looked familiar. I checked it against the cross I have and it's the very mark. The other one is still a mystery. Apparently this mark is quite rare. Does anyone else have an EK1 or EK2 with this mark? here's the cross but I don't have a shot of the mark, which is pretty small. It's a nice cross, but looks like someone cleaned the frame. Any idea on the maker?
    Attached Files

The rear.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's what the mark looks like on the site.
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X