Cigarette cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette cards

A friend of mine has lent me this cigarette card album. He may want to sell it but would like to know more about it first and also find out its potential value. Any idea?
    It is issued by Waldorf Astoria Zigarettenfabrik in Munich and is titled Uniformen der Alten Armee. Complete except for the back cover.
    Attached Files

Cigarette cards

The last page, without the cover unfortunately...
    Attached Files

Comment

Cigarette cards

ANother shot. There are 312 cards. First few pages seem to give some info about the various Armeekorps, etc..
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello TerryG. The card albums were marketing tools, usually for tobacco companies, having individual cards placed inside packs of cigarettes or other containers. I have a book on the albums that shows all publishers and quantities produced. There were nearly a thousand different titles! As for your friend’s album, there are two factors which impact it’s value. Normally, Uniformen der Alten Armee sells between $40-75 a copy as it is fairly common (uniforms were popular subjects and this was a large printing). The problem is that your friend’s copy is missing the back cover and that hurts the value. The more common titles don’t sell too well if not complete and in very good condition. There are titles I have seen sell for $600 to album collectors. My opinion is that the album you show is in the $25-30 range. Hope this is some use to you and your friend. Best regards, BL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X