Sachsen Meiningen - the rare Kreuz für Verdienst im Kriege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jens,

I can present an officers class on non-combatant ribbon.....

Werner
    Attached Files

Comment

..and a zinc cross for an saxon officer...
      Attached Files

Comment

Is ja gut Werner, is ja guuuuuuut

Comment

Sorry Jens,

I don't remember.....was it your heart....or was it your head...

It was a hard day.....I 've lost a beautiful bar..... with a bavarian MVO Ritter 2.class with swords for 1870.....

Werner

Comment

Jens, here is what I have:

Württemberg MVO RK: von Mosel lists 2,133, but his list is only native Württembergers. Klietmann has a figure of 2,170 and Boger has 2,183.

Baden KVK: not a combat award, so O'Connor doesn't discuss it.

Hessen AEZ "Für Tapferkeit" and "Für Kriegsverdienste": the Staatsarchiv in Darmstadt (and pretty much the whole city) was destroyed in WW2, so there are no records.

Mecklenburg-Strelitz Kreuz für Auszeichnung im Kriege "Tapfer und Treu": For the 2nd Class, a study by Ohm-Hieronymussen found 8,131 names on the rolls, but may have been incomplete. For the 1st Class O'Connor's research indicated 414 (or possibly 419 - five names were crossed out) recipients.

Sachsen-Altenburg Tapferkeitsmedaille: unknown

Hohenzollern goldene Ehrenmedaille mit Schwertern: 640 (between 1914 and 1920); silberne Verdienstmedaille mit Schwertern: 5,875 (between 1905 and 1927)

Reuss silberne Verdienstmedaille mit Schwertern: no records found in the archives in Gera and Greiz

Waldeck silberne Verdienstmedaille: 4,204 with swords, 14 without swords. For the Golden Merit Medal, 410-413 with swords, 7 without.

Lippe-Detmold Kriegsverdienstkreuz: 18,374 on the combatant's ribbon; 1,116 on the non-combatant's ribbon

Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für Treue Dienste: 10,397 (members of reigning houses and officers: 2,174; NCOs and men: 7,942; non-combatants: 281)

Dave

Comment

Great information Dave!!! Thanks!!!

Have you got numbers for the KVK/MVK 1. class of Braunschweig and Mecklenburg-Schwerin too? (last question)

Comment

Regarding Braunschweig, O'Connor couldn't find the rolls in Wolfenbüttel and neither Nimmergut or Klietmann have numbers, so presumably the rolls were lost.

As for Mecklenburg, same disappointment. O'Connor found only fragments in the archives in Schwerin.

Comment

However, a BIG thank you!

Comment

Received a nice Saxen-Meinengen KVK plus a mini with ribbon with wonderful detail from Germany. I agree that it is a beautiful cross and fairly rare (on the order od a RK but much more reasonable.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X