Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need opinions please

Hello:
    I would appreciate any comments on this Imperial iron cross. It is silver and magnetic, I picked it up abot 9 yrs ago from a collector friend. Sorry about the awful color, 1 hour service, 35 mm. I assure you it is black and silver and has most all of the black paint.
    geopop
    Attached Files

iron cross back

here is the rear
    Attached Files

Comment

iron cross

pin up
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a perfectly good "KO" marked Ek1.
        Probably a war issue piece.

Comment

imperial iron cross

Thank you very much!! It is so perfect in real color. shiny silver and jet black.
          I paid $125.00 back then. Pics do not do it justice. Need digital cam bad!
          geopop

Comment

I agree, a nice KO.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Total nube Iron Cross question here but, why do some have a loop to hang the medal and some have the pin back? What is more desirable?

Wilhelm

Comment

This link should help you with some Iron Cross information.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/iron...ncrossmain.htm

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                  Total nube Iron Cross question here but, why do some have a loop to hang the medal and some have the pin back? What is more desirable?

Wilhelm
                  The one that has the loop and hangs from a ribbon on the chest like other medals is the Iron Cross 2nd class and was given for the first act of bravery. The pinback that is worn on the lower chest is the Iron Cross 1st class and was given for the second act. Some collectors prefer one over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dwyer View Post
                    The one that has the loop and hangs from a ribbon on the chest like other medals is the Iron Cross 2nd class and was given for the first act of bravery. The pinback that is worn on the lower chest is the Iron Cross 1st class and was given for the second act. Some collectors prefer one over the other.

Thanks for this and the other guy who posted the informational link. Seems to me I'd like the 2nd class one.

Wilhelm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X