X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayr. MVO

Hey all

Recently acquired offa Detlev

What a nice order!! My favourite by a long shot!!

(Had to post dealer pic as its winter and I live and work in the North of Blighty and am only home when it's dark!! Cant get a good representive pic with the flash )
    Attached Files

.....and at a good price! Thumbs to DN

Comment

One of my favorite Imperial awards. The quality is there for all to see. Of course the enlisted guys got ugly MVKs instead. Rank had its priveledges.
      Attached Files
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
        One of my favorite Imperial awards. The quality is there for all to see. Of course the enlisted guys got ugly MVKs instead. Rank had its priveledges.
        Actually, Don, I think the MVKs with swords and crown are very, very nice looking medals, not ugly at all! Of course the MVOs are prettier with all that enamel, but I still like the MVKs too.

Comment

Ah, but it just shows the class distinctions. Officer equals pretty, shiney enamel.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by EuRob View Post
            Hey all

(Had to post dealer pic as its winter and I live and work in the North of Blighty and am only home when it's dark!! Cant get a good representive pic with the flash )
            Don’t worry, EuRob, these Bavarian MVO’s are notoriously tough to photograph accurately. Most often the silver base below the blue enamel tends to jump out.

Nice piece you have there, congratulations -

Wild Card

Comment

Have to wait til spring for a good backlight!! At least we got xmas coming lol
              Have a cased MVK with swords mm W&co. I do like these Bayr. awards and hope to land in a few more too!!
              Attached Files

Comment

The chips on the enamel on the MVO really dont distract from its beauty and it has a been there look. I am really tempted to get all the gunk cleaned off it (as it is silver so cant wash off any coating etc)
                I know what people feel about this and in a way I agree too but when I look at it I think what it could look like. Comprendez??
                Would be interesting to see whos for and against, I think I see both sides???

Comment

Hello,

your MVO is a early one and was bulit 1917 or earlyer. It's a Gebrüder Hemmerle and the Medal in the middle is a real golden one.

Grüße

Basti

Comment

...and don't clean it!!! That would be pretty stupid!! I would never buy a "cleaned" one! It's like you would rape it!

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadeführer View Post
                      Hello,

your MVO is a early one and was bulit 1917 or earlyer. It's a Gebrüder Hemmerle and the Medal in the middle is a real golden one.

Grüße

Basti

A real golden one? what do you mean by that? Every day is a school day!
                      I hear what you're saying regards the cleaning but there is a bit of "gunk" on it and wonder what it might look like with none of this on it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X