Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EKII ribbon, original?

Hi all,

I have a question regarding originality of a recently acquired sample piece of 1914 EKII ribbon. I've laid the piece in question over an original ribbon to compare the weave, and would ask you for your opinions, please. I can see first off that the weave on the original piece is much different that the overlaying piece, both in width and in length, the original weave being much narrower/tighter and having a shorter weave pattern. Also the unfamiliar 'whip stitch' at the side of the overlaying piece is not as the original, which is 'looped' on both sides. I've looked at every other WWI and II ribbon in my collection, and find that they all are uniform in construction when compared to my original ribbon here under the sample piece. Any opinions would be very helpful, as this sample ribbon is to be found in abundance.

Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

the sample piece...
      Attached Files

Comment

the original...
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe the sample is a modern ribbon manufactured in pakistan. In the last 10 years or so all sorts of replacement ribbons have been made there-notibly napoleonic campaign ribbons and thence to EK ribbons. the old stocks are depleted. Sadly, I remember a time when it was 25 cents for 9 inches of the silk type.
          Last edited by McCulloh; 10-05-2007, 06:26 AM. Reason: add grammer

Comment

Thank you. Yes, the original is extremely hard to find.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X