Unmarked Pilots Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Pilots Badge

I am thinking of purchasing this prussian pilots badge. From examples shown in this forum it seems to be ok, an unmarked Juncker. The only things that concern me a little is the very pointy pin and the extrs material at the bottom of the badge, between the wreath and the bow. I would appreciate any opinions on his badge.
    Wolfgang
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

pilot badge

Hi ,something about this badge worries me, the details on the front seem very ' soft ',I am just comparing it to a Juncker badge that I have,it is certainly the same die design but the detail is not there but it could be the quality of the photo ,of course . It also could be a poorly struck badge (low pressure) which gives a softer look to the detail.If one looks at original Juncker issue air-gunner badges these were struck in 1918-1920 and the same wreath pattern die tool was used as all the other Juncker pilot badges ,there is noticable wear in the detail from over use. This could also be the case in this badge. Also,(bear with me ) the finish is that strange slightly granulated type seen alot on post war1920's/30's ( original ) badges and that too can have a dulling effect to the details. It could be any of the above but it could also be just plain 'wrong '.The pin has certainly been replaced by a non-standard one ( you can see the marks either side of the hinge block where the hinge pin has been pushed in. So it is reasonably unlikely that a fake would have the pin replaced. There seems to be a strange 'hole' on the reverse (bottom left) on the ribbon tails,can't explain that. All in all , it purports to be an unmarked Juncker with a replaced pin (note the crown is not pierced out either).
          I think if it were offered tome I would pass,certainly on the strength of the pictured anyway......Ferg1

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. I will pass on this one, some better examples will come along.
            Wolfgang

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X