Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fieldmade EK 2

Hi all,

just wanted to share with you this EK 2. The piece is 100% original period made. It was part of a direct vet purchase which included the vets ww2 medals + the badges of his father from ww1.
    I think it is a fieldmade EK 2 or what are your thoughts on it ?

Many thanks Jens
    Attached Files

What is it made out of? Regards, Ron.

Comment

Very interesting item. There's a lot of speculation in the TR Crosses forum about field made awards, generally they seem to be conversions from one class to another. I have also seen photographs of TR EK2s generated from scratch however so I don't see why a field made Imperial EK2 isn't possible. I picked this one up because I felt it had a field made story or some similar history. It is simply the iron core of an EK2 sans frame. Yours appears to have been drilled at the top of the 12 o'clock arm so that a jump ring could be put in to put the suspension loop on properly; mine has the jump ring welded to the core.Of course, its impossible to tell just what went down since its so long ago, but they are rather nifty! Ausgang
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

its made out of simple iron. Nice example you have there, thanks for sharing.

Bests Jens
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X