Was this Imperial EK11 Parade Mounted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this Imperial EK11 Parade Mounted?

I had read a thread a few days back and a member had detailed how he could tell the way the cross was originally mounted to the bearer, based of the creases in the ribbon.

This cross has its original ribbon. Very long and has quite a few creases. Would you say this was mounted parade or ribbon bar style or just plane old pinned on the bearers tunic?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Another view.
    Attached Files

Comment

When a medal is parade mounted the ribbon is often permantly attached to the attachment device and often doesn't use that much ribbon length. Anything is possible but I don't think this one was parade mounted.

Comment

I don't think it was parade mounted. From the looks of the ribbon where the ring goes through, it's been just like that for a long time.

I can't tell from the pics, but all the little black ticking marks on the white stripes...could some of them be holes from being sewn?

I bought a Hindy cross a while back and the ribbon looked a bit similar to yours. Finally one day I folded it up on the creases and figured out how they had it mounted. I put it back just like it was and sewed it and all those marks are now out of sight. See below. Ammersee
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X