"Pocket" EK 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pocket" EK 2?

This item is on Ebay at the moment; beyond my means right now ! Can some one give me information on this odd pinback? I've never seen one on this forum and I am very intrigued. If I can't buy it, at least I can learn about it! Here's the listing #!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    Attached Files

Hallmark

Hallmark
    Attached Files

Comment

That's an AWS "pillowback". They were a unique variation to this maker, Alfred Werner and Son. They also made standard flat back crosses. This pillowback is also found in screwback form.

Comment

All brass framed AWS screwback
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gregM; 09-24-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
          All brass framed AWS screwback

Greg, is your screwback missing the washer?

Comment

Yes it is
            You wouldn't possibly have one I could buy?

Comment

Sorry Greg. The reason I asked is because I have a similar 3 piece pillowback on the way and it too has no washer. I think our chances of finding not one but two are pretty slim. It's still nice though.

Comment

Why was it manufatured with a "pillow back" and not a regular flat back??

Comment

Good question-----I am not sure that anyone knows the answer
                  to that.

Comment

As a private purchase piece it could have ben a way to make it stand out from other crosses. Here's my AWS with the conventional rear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The rear showing that this maker used both types of backs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow Gregg and Steve, I love those brass EK's, I had no idea this maker made this variation in brass, fantastic, I am seriously jealous!

Jess

Comment

Actually mine's not brass. It's an iron core, 3 piece construction, marked for 925 silver on the rear. The one I have coming is also a 3 piece iron core, but looks to have a tomback frame. There are a pile of variations to Imperial crosses, not just those by AWS.

Comment

Hi Steve, yep, I collect variations, or specifically non magnetic, preferably brass EK's. Can you post pictures of the tomback frame when it arrives?

J

Comment

I will when I get it next week. A buddy is bringing up a few new items that have arrived home while I am working away. In the meantime, here's an interesting one piece all brass variant to hold you over.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X