VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Prussian Order Medal Pour Le Merit Cased ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Prussian Order Medal Pour Le Merit Cased ???

Hi all,
    lets discusse this one, on my opinion spanish fake ??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Prussia...mZ280153482384
    I dont like that chubby eagels?
    What is your opinion about that?
    regards
    Sasha

It would help everyone if you posted a picture in your thread and not just the link. The link will be gone in 10 days and noone will know what the hell you are talking about!

It's not the spanish fake.... but a highly contentious piece none the less.

Even from a distance, these are very distinctive because of the prominent almost bulbous eyes of the eagles.

This one owned by Bob .. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&postcount=65 ... is attributed to no less than Herman Goering himself... whereas Steve Previtera outs it as ''a beautiful but deadly reproduction'' on page 272 of Prussian Blue.

The fact that they come with both Baroque AND Pie Wedge suspension, and marked GODET - or in the case of this ebay example, an 'F', would certainly be cause for concern..... but of course the decision is up to the individual.

Here is the ebay piece Re-Sa is referring to...

Marshall
    Attached Files

Comment

And another.....
      Attached Files

Comment

The PLM like this was offered to me in year 2004 like spanish jewellery copy for 900 €, about two months ago was saled one like copy on ebay for 2500 USD. Not so long ago was one on the Berliner auktion house for 3500 €.... I dont know from where they come but this is copy for sure. It is the same chubby eagle like in the Previtera book on page 272, I think Previtera is right that this is a copy.

This one was offered to me from spanish seller like spanish jewellery copy.
        Sorry on my english
        Sasha

Comment

Well Marshall's point about the pie wedge is the first thing that raises the whistles and bells. And the 'F' with '938' and the story about 1890 is well...a story. I, like Marshall do not see this as the more common Spanish fake because of the pleacement of the tail feathers, the 'F' and the crown. But whoever is making these is getting better. Nice case though, even if not an original one. Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X