Blue Max - PLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Max - PLM

Who is the maker or the faker of this PLM?
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlikN; 09-16-2007, 05:37 PM.

Attached Files
    Last edited by AlikN; 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by AlikN; 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by AlikN; 09-16-2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
          Last edited by AlikN; 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Alikn,

This looks like a Wagner in style and particulars. It does not have the characteristics of the Spanish Cevaljo Fake. The 'dot' below the crown's cross is a very positive sign and the slight rise on the cross bar of the 'e' in 'rite' is another positive sign. Tail feathers are even with the base of the 'F' and the top of the 'F' does not extend to the edge of the crown. The base of the 'M' looks very good.

The only thing that gives me a bit of a pause is the nature of the enamel but it may just be the glare. It should appear more uniform but may be OK. All in all, this passes most tests.

Are there any markings? Any weepholes? Steve

Comment

Hi Alikn,

This PLM does show lots of promise. What are the diamentions?

E.

Comment

There are no markings, measurements are h: 53,4 w: 53,8mm, weight is ca. 27 – 28g. Tickness is 2,5 to <?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:metricconverter ProductID="3,3 mm" u2:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:metricconverter ProductID="3,3 mm" w:st="on">3,3 mm</u1:metricconverter></st1:metricconverter>.

Comment

With no markings, it could be a post-war silver-gilt or bronze gilt piece. I think forum member Tim Tezer had a post war cross that had had content markings but no maker marks. It was a beautiful example. If a post-war piece, I would guess maybe this is a Friedlander. Hard to say really. But I like what I see so far on this cross. The ribbon weave is a bit odd for that period of a piece, but nothing that would warrant suspicion. How wide is the ribbon? Also, any weepholes? You should see one on the bottom arm of the cross in the seam. A tiny hole. Steve

Comment

I don't have it in my hands, only pictures and dementions.
                    How the dementions....? OK....?

Comment

I believe this is the same item currently relisted on eBay with a "Buy It Now" option of $1,100.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330161955078

It's by far the best replica I've seen.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by epsomgreen View Post
                        I believe this is the same item currently relisted on eBay with a "Buy It Now" option of $1,100.00.
                        ... It's by far the best replica I've seen.

Charles
                        It's actually ended on September 14 .
                        Can you please explain, what you don't like about it?
                        Last edited by AlikN; 09-19-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

originally posted by Alikn;...It's actually ended on September 14....
                          Hi Alikn

As Charles says, it has been re-listed http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330166187549 where it is slightly more accurately described.

This is not a Wagner, nor a Friedlander - it is nothing more than a piece of well made costume jewellery.

You will not - ever - find a real wartime made PLM for sale on ebay.

Ever.

Marshall
                          Last edited by Biro; 09-20-2007, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                            Hi Alikn

This is not a Wagner, nor a Friedlander - it is nothing more than a piece of well made costume jewellery.

Once again, you will not - ever - find a real wartime made PLM for sale on ebay.

Ever.

Marshall
                            Can't be real Wagner or Friedlander because it's on e-bay,
                            or because it doesn't look like Wagner or Friedlander,
                            can you show a real Wagner and Friedlander and point out the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                              ...Can't be real Wagner or Friedlander because it's on e-bay, or because it doesn't look like Wagner or Friedlander.....
                              Alikn

It does indeed look like a little like a Wagner - but the reason it's obviously not a Wagner I'm not going to point out here so this Austrian muppet can get any closer.

If you want the differences pointed out, I'll do it by email - but I thought the sellers own description might have been a clue...

Marshall

Sellers description...

"It's the best exchange of the original, the best old Jewelery piece ever made. The price of the original is from 30.000 to 40.000 USD.

With this Jewelery piece of the PLM you can complete the collection witohut spoiling the look of the other decorations, as can happen with a bad made copy."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X