SS officer with some interesting WW1 medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer with some interesting WW1 medals

Hello all, I own a Honor ring to an SS officer, and I had John Moore do some research for me, he discovered this man received several WW1 decorations and I have never heard of , nor do I know what they look like, or what acts deemed receiving these awards, they are :

Komturkreuz d, Ordens der Krone von Italien, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse d, Sachsen .

any ideas?
    Thank you very much!!!....
    Kindly...
    Bernie

More info please. Sounds like he got the Italian Order of the Crown and something Saxon.

Comment

More Info on awards

Thanks Vince!, here is the text from John:

Also from WW I is the Komturkreuz d, Ordens der Krone von Italien(some kind of cross from the king of Italy) Ritterkreuz I. Klasse d, Sachsen (Kinights Cross 1 class from the state of Saxony)

hows that!
      Kindly...
      Bernie

Comment

This is a waste of time unless a name is provide for a look up in the ranklists.
        Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

First, the Order of the Crown of Italy would most certainly not be a World War I award, as Italy was on the Allied side.

Second, "Knight 1st Class" is a grade of an order, not the name of the order itself. It is most likely an Albert Order, the basic Saxon order in WW1, but as Paul notes, without a name to check against the roles, this is pointless.

Comment

Heinrich Hildebrandt is his name

Sorry guys for not listing his name, the awards John is refering to are listed on the 1938 SS officers list and on his Führerstammkarte, the awards and text are as follows:
            The EK I , EK II and Black wound badge are for sure from WW I. Also from WW I is the Komturkreuz d, Ordens der Krone von Italien(some kind of cross from the king of Italy) Ritterkreuz I. Klasse d, Sachsen (Kinights Cross 1 class from the state of Saxony)

The Kriegserinnerungs Medaille from March 1938 is for his participation in the occupation of Austria. The Kriegserinnerungs Medaille from October 1938 is for his participation in the occupation of Czechoslovakia.

An asterisk next to something on the front of the Führerstammkarte such as a Degen or Totenkopfring indicates that he received that award. Good luck finding his sword!
            John.

Ok, so Heinrich Hildebrandt is his name and those are his awards,
            thank you
            Kindly...
            Bernie

Comment

A Heinrich Hildebrandt received the Saxon Albrechtsorden, Knight 2nd Class with Swords, on 1 April 1916 as a Lt. d.R. in Kgl. Sächsisches 16. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 182.

A Heinrich Hildebrandt received the Saxon Verdientsorden, Knight 2nd Class with Swords, on 1 November 1917 as a Lt. d.R. in Kgl. Sächsisches 1. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 12.

They are probably the same person, as the Abrechtsorden Knight 2nd Class with Swords was the basic military award for lieutenants and the Verdienstorden (Merit Order) a possible second award at that rank.

Again, the Italian award cannot be from WW1, as (i) Italy was on the Allied side in that war and (2) a commander's cross is a senior officer's award, not a lieutenant's. What was his SS rank?

Comment

SS officer records are maintained at the US archives in College Park Maryland. You should be able to get a copy of his SS service record. I have done this for another SS officer. Write to them and send it to the attention of the Modern Military Records dept. Include as much information as you can. They will tell you if they have the record and offer to sell you the microfilm for a very reasonable price.
                Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Officers rank

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
                  A Heinrich Hildebrandt received the Saxon Albrechtsorden, Knight 2nd Class with Swords, on 1 April 1916 as a Lt. d.R. in Kgl. Sächsisches 16. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 182.

A Heinrich Hildebrandt received the Saxon Verdientsorden, Knight 2nd Class with Swords, on 1 November 1917 as a Lt. d.R. in Kgl. Sächsisches 1. Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 12.

They are probably the same person, as the Abrechtsorden Knight 2nd Class with Swords was the basic military award for lieutenants and the Verdienstorden (Merit Order) a possible second award at that rank.

Again, the Italian award cannot be from WW1, as (i) Italy was on the Allied side in that war and (2) a commander's cross is a senior officer's award, not a lieutenant's. What was his SS rank?
                  Thanks Dave!,
                  HIS RANK WAS Obersturmbannfuhrer,
                  he was born 5/10/98, October 5th,1898, also he had another award, to the best of my ability to read german off of the 38 SS list here it is:Ehrenfreuz fur Frontfampfar., Also the EKII, and EKII, and Black wound badge!!!!,
                  I really want to track down this man!, and learn all I can, so thank you Men very much for all the Assistance!!!!!!!!!.
                  I will post pictures later of him and his awards, I posted pictures of his ring on the fourm also!!!!.
                  Kindly...
                  Bernie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X