Frauen with Deathhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frauen with Deathhead

How do you interpret this one then? Why is the guy on the right wearing a sign with FRAUEN written on it around his neck? Probably just a bit of fun, but then why are the other guys not loughing their heads off .. ? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

close up and you can also see the deathhead on the cap of the guy sitting next to him ... I assume that he is a Braunschweiger Husar?
    Attached Files

Comment

The photo was used as a postcard in 1910.
      Attached Files

Comment

The answer to the "Frauen" sign might be in the stutterin note on the back. Can anyone read that? Any ideas?

Comment

the sender is appologising for not having written for such a long time and he says something about being back from Munster now and that is about it as far as I can see. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I think the sign around his neck is just a desperate plea for companionship.

Comment

A great pic

What's the sign above the center guy in the first row say?

Looks blank.

Comment

Hi Dave, the little white sign in the centre just looks blank on the photograph, although, I am sure that there was something written on it...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I will try to give the German text:

Militär

Lieber Freund,

das ich dich solange nicht geschrieben habe, will ich dich eine Karte schreiben,

das es mir ganz gut geht, was ich auch von dir hoffe.

? heute wieder von Münster zurück gekommen bin.

Schreibe bald wieder

Viele (Grüße ?) zurück sendet dir dein Freund H. Bergman

Address: An Grenadier Schoop, 2. Komp. Großh. Groß. Grenadier Reg. N. 89
                  Schwerin
                  Meckl(enburg)

Sorry, but there is not hint on FRAUEN

Gerdan

Comment

The sign looks like the type that might be hung on the door of a ladies' bathroom...maybe he stumbled into one during a drunken night at the Dorfkneipe and caused a scandal and hence forth was required to wear the sign - or could be some prank, punishment, unit ritual... or ???

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                      The sign looks like the type that might be hung on the door of a ladies' bathroom...maybe he stumbled into one during a drunken night at the Dorfkneipe and caused a scandal and hence forth was required to wear the sign - or could be some prank, punishment, unit ritual... or ???
                      That sounds like a strong possibility .. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

So much for "Dont Ask, Dont Tell"

Comment

When my son was at Fort Leonard Wood, I visited for his Basic Training graduation, before his Advanced Infantry Training. I had noticed two soldiers walking while holding hands. When I asked my son about this unusual behaviour, he told me that they had a fistfight, in the barracks. The Drill Instructor ordered them to hold hands anytime they were out of the barracks and that they had to sleep in the same bunk. One way or the other, they were going to learn to get along.

Bob Hritz
                          Last edited by Bob Hritz; 09-13-2007, 03:37 PM.
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            When my son was at Fort Leonard Wood, I visited for his Basic Training graduation, before his Advanced Infantry Training. I had noticed two soldiers walking while holding hands. When I asked my son about this unusual behaviour, he told me that they had a fistfight, in the barracks. The Drill Instructor ordered them to hold hands anytime they were out of the barracks and that hey had to sleep in the same bunk. One way ot the other, they were going to learn to get along.

Bob Hritz
                            That is absolutely priceless and something I have never heard done before. I bet that was effective.

Comment

The Army certainly made you work as a team! He was in Desert Storm 1 and they had anoither enemy to face, not each other.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X