X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake 1870. A Fool and His Money...

....will soon be parted. What a shame.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13965

Yeah, and what about the "HIGHLY" magnetic thing... it is or it isn't magnetic! Not only the piece itself sucks but also the description!!!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Looks like half the 1 is missing
      seems to be a trait with some of these 1870's.

Comment

Not a Cross of the Wehrmacht....

..... so off to "Imperial" it goes!
        George

Comment

Wasn't there an "armed forces" (wehrmacht) during Imperial times?

Comment

Here is one more i dont trust!.
            Look at the email adress! my99@one.lv as i know
            lv = Latvia, and that make cold chills.
            Mikael

Comment

What is it with all the Latvians making and selling fake medals and badges on eBay? Surely, there is something else to do to makea living over there. Too bad they are giving the country a bad reputation.

Comment

Well as im not that far away from Latvia, i can say they live on
                this. I dont like that he says he is in Sweden, that will hurt me!. I cant say that is a fake i leve that up to you. But wen i did
                see the email brrrrr, my first thought aha a new Swede collector.
                Well what that cross goes for will feed his family more than 1 month in Latvia.
                Mikael

Comment

Shoot, I wish those guys would post here. I'd buy one of those for 20 or 30 bucks no question. It's a nice quality EK repro, and it'd fit a hole in my collection that'd I'd be able to fill only after winning the state lottery.
                  I was on the track of a fake DKiS for 50 beans that I thought looked very nice from Eastern Euro but it fell through.
                  But hopefully my order from Unkel Detlev's update goes through.... I'll get a SA SA (!) and a Wehrmacht 4 year LS and that will fill two other holes.
                  Thanks,
                  Eric Gaumann

Comment

DOUG, POST SOME GOOD PICS OF GENUINE 1870 EK1's. There's not much on the forum in good stuff. I've got a nice EKII but I'd like to buy an EK1 someday when I know it's right, but right's what?

Comment

Brian,
                      My 1870's include an early Wagner EK1 and a Godet with side support hooks. The Wagner is on it's way to me, so as soon as I get it, I'll post a photo comparison. There are also a few others on this Forum who have nice ones (Hello ROB in Australia) who might post them here.

Comment

Another enterprising individual in Latvia:

Comment

Here's a good one.

George

Comment

Nice George! A Wagner would be the only one you'd ever need!!!

So if you believe it wasn't shilled $480 or it IS true everyone doesn't read this forum... I like his description, "Please ask all questions PRIOR to end of auction." I wish I had asked just one, "is it fake?"

Comment

-
                              Last edited by Doug See; 06-03-2003, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X