Two Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions

Question 1 - Has anyone seen a flight book like this? What time period? My guess is that it was made by the pilot because of the rough cut top edges of the pages and the handwritten script on the front. On the back is a handwritten name 'Klempnerei' (Plumber??).
    Attached Files

The inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Question 2 - What kind of pass is this?

The cover is black and has no print or written info of any kind. Just plain. The book appears to be missing some center pages because the stamp does not cover the other page.

It appears to be a pass for the occupied zone in the Ruhr to me. The man appears to be a soldier. I can read the German but not the French. What does it say in red? And the French stamp? Thoughts on this pass? Thanks, Steve
      Attached Files

Comment

Your 2nd question:

this is an ID Card from the french occupied zone of Germany.

Gelsenkirchen was part of German Rheinland which was given to the French to be occupied by them after WWI.

The French stamps belong to different French military occupation units in that area.

Gerdan

Comment

Sorry, I forgot:

the red text seems to give a reason for which the ID was also given.

It is valid also to visit a "féte de Poet" - a "feast of poets" and one other reason.

My French is not so good.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan. I thought it was such a pass but was not clear on why he would be issued it, etc. Seems like if he was a German soldier, he would need approval to visit the occupied territory due to the Versailles restrictions. Visting a 'festival of poets' sounds like thin cover for spying to me!!

Any help or comparisons on the Flugbuch welcome. Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X