Imperial Austrian Ribbon Identification Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Austrian Ribbon Identification Help

I just bought these 5 medals below in a grouping of other items. The tri-fold type ribbons were on the appropriate medals as shown below. I know some of the ribbons do not look to be correct for the medal but in checking what little I have managed to find on the Net with ribbon identification of Austrian (and aligned states) I am now confused as to ribbon identification on these medals as I do see variances. I have numbered both sides of each medal (1-5) in the photos below. Firstly can anyone tell me if it is possible any and which ribbons match the medal. Secondly the number "2" marked Tirol medal - what was it awarded for?
    Thanks for any help in advance!
    Attached Files

Reverse Photo

First 3
    Attached Files

Comment

Others

Obverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Others

Reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Monty, the ribbons look a little bit faded but they are correct.
          The Tyrol Medal issued 1918 was given to all AH-Soldier and Allied Soldiers that fought on the Tyrol Front during WWI.

as addition: medals 1,2, 4 and 5 are mounted the wrong way. at the moment they all show the reverse instead of the correct obverse

haynau

Comment

Hi Monty,
            I must say that medal 5 (Bulgarian WW1 Commemorative Medal) has the wrong ribbon. All the others are fine.

About the Tirol medal - what was it awarded for? I found same information in the Web. I hope it helps:

-Tyrol Province Remembrance Medal. (Tiroler Lanesdenkmünze) Awarded to all Tiroleans whos served in the First World War and also to those who, between 1915 and 1918 participated in defending the Tirol Province (amongst them were German mountain troops). This bronze gilt medal was instituted on 7 February 1928 and awards were stopped end March 1940. During that period some 120,000 were awarded. The obverse shows the Tirolean Eagle and the reverse bears, within an oak leaf wreath, the words "DAS / LAND TIROL / DEN / VERTEIDIGERN / DES / VATERLANDES/ 1914-1918" (The Tirol Province to the Defenders of the Homeland, 1914-1918).

Regards,
            Adolph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X