WKI FLugzeuge & Flieger Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WKI FLugzeuge & Flieger Photos

I don't normally post here and I usually post WW2 fotos on the photo forum but I recently picked up these two WW1 Aircraft photos and decided it would better to post them on this forum.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful photos!! Almost puts you in the plane. Please show us more if you have more. Steve

Comment

Great photo I like the engine exhaust header. You can see they were
        trying to get as much horse power as they could from the motors.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks....but I only have these two pics. Bill

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
          Beautiful photos!! Almost puts you in the plane. Please show us more if you have more. Steve

Comment

Bill, those are great shots. I believe that's an Albatros CIII. My uncle flew many sorties in one.

Comment

Hi Bill,

Great photos as usual ! Very exciting era for avaition indeed! Thankx for sharing!
              E.

Comment

Well, these are not aviators in airplanes but we should not forget them. But they are aviators -- in Balloons. First up is probably a shot from 1917.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by regular122; 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Detail. I always enjoy studying the detail of old photos and the activity involved. This photo is only about 2" x 3"
                  Attached Files

Comment

And now a German balloon as viewed from the other side. This shot was taken by First Sergeant Roland Caley of the US 3rd Balloon Company. Probably taken in Sep-Oct 1918.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Detail. Note the road sign and broken caisson on the left and the two soldiers standing on the right. That's it for now. Steve
                      Attached Files

Comment

What goes up, must come down. A spectacular and rare shot from a Keystone card of an American Spad 13 flaming a German Balloon. The faint trace of a stripe and a '1' on the wing lead me to believe this is a shot of CPT Eddie Rickenbacker scoring against one of his five balloon victories while flying SPAD XIII (S4523). Steve
                        Attached Files

Comment

A little more zoom on the already small picture. Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment

These also flew. Balloons with a bite!! A rare Keystone card photograph with a Zeppelin on its way to England.
                            Attached Files

Comment

To the victor go the spoils. Fokker DVIIs flank and Albatros in Paris, Nov. 1918.

Steve
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X