Signiture research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signiture research

I have a 1914 EK2 document that is rather unique. I have seen the same document in two books, Steve Previtera’s “The Iron Times” (page 177 lower left) and William Hamelman’s “German Iron Cross Documents” (page 98). The same person, who is identified on each document as the commanding general, signed both of these documents and mine. I am trying to identify the signer of the documents. I have attached a picture. All three documents are for service during 1915. Each document has a unit listed and should be part of the same division. If I can identify the division then I should be able to identify the signer. The recipients and units are:

Sanitats Unteroffizier Kaiser – 170th Machine Gun Company (Hamelman)
    Reserve Lieutenant Lusif – 112 Infantry Regiment
    Ger. (private) Lamoda – 10./Ref. Inf. R.201

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Ah, the "Wallpaper Sized Document!"

That's then-Generalleutnant C/Karl von "Hänisch," born 26 April 1861, died 2 April 1921, later General der Infanterie.

He was Commander of the XIVth (Baden) Army Corps. He never got a Pour le Merite, but he did get the Grand Cross with Swords of Baden's Order of the Zähringen Lion 7 August 1915, the Commander with Star and Swords of Bavaria's Military Merit Order 6 July 1915 (both as CO of the XIV Corps) but when his Grand Cross with Swords of the Saxon Albert Order came along 15 December 1915 he was attached to Armee Oberkommando 7.

He was General Inspector of Military Motor Transport before the war, and apparently took over XIV Corps 10 March 1915. I have nothing further on his wartime postings.

Comment

Hänisch

Chief of Staff of 7th Army from 2nd August until 10th March 1915.
      Replaced as XIV Corps Commander on the 12th of August 1916 he became Deputy Commanding General X Army Corps ( X Corps Home Command) from 29 Nov 1916 - 17 Nov 1918.

Regards
      Glenn

Comment

Great!!

That is fantastic. You guys are great.

Comment

ranklist

Rick, Glenn, Should Hanisch be listed in the 1914 Prussian Ranklist? I tried to find him and could not. Thanks.

Comment

Page 122

Paul,

he is listed as the acting Inspector General of military transport services at the top of page 122 of the 1914 Rangliste.

Regards
            Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X