Skull cased pin and other items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull cased pin and other items

Ok got this out of an Estates sale, more photos in WW2 badge section, but anyone know what this is? WW1? i will post all I think is WW1 and any help would be cool!

thanks greg
    Attached Files

closer
    Attached Files

Comment

maker mark
      Attached Files

Comment

pin that was with items.
        Attached Files

Comment

wax stamp???
          Attached Files

Comment

Greg, I think that the inscription in your case there is Plattdütsch and I think that the cased medal will have something to do with Plattdütsch language tradition...maybe from some Plattdütsch club or association. 'Jungs holt fast' is obviously a naval related German saying and I think the skulls may be more to do with pirates rather than any other military meaning ... but this is only my guess without doing any further research. Certainly looks like a very interesting lot and certainly is older. I think your cased medal is more likely to be pre-WW1. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Just done a little more research on the internet and searched for your items in relation to Felix Graf Luckner ... just kind of had an incling that this might be something to do with him .. ;-) ... and: Jungs, holt fast; de dütsche Eekboom steiht noch! was his maxime his motto and so, the cased medal as somthing to do with Luckner and I retract my previous statement and I am now quite certain that the cased medal is post-WW1 ... ;-) . Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X