By special request..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By special request..

fr5om Reeky, here's a framed EKII that's been on my wall for a few years. The frame appears to be pressed wood and the EK's mounted on velvet. The backing to the frame seems to be thin black leather stamped with a watered silk pattern. Just looking at it makes me happy

And on the other hand, here's something you don't see too often, or want to, for that matter. Yo've all seen exploded views of guns, engines, etc. Well....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tom,

that frame is really nice!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Who killed the EKI???

Comment

That's the way I got it, Jens.. It came from another member, so maybe he can tell you more.

Comment

I think that may have been from me at some time, I think I got it that way, or just 1mm or so was still soldered.

Comment

My Pride & Joy

That is a really nice frame ! I have a 1939 EK2 that gives me great pleasure hanging on the wall as well. This is the piece that inadvertently got me started in collecting militaria. I was station in Heidelberg back in 1990 and I was getting ready to leave or PCS (for those military types) the country and I wanted to pick-up something that was of the WWII era. A German buddy of mine took me to shop and hooked-up me with this piece. It was an un-issued EK2 that was still in its factory blue paper baggy and wrapped. When I got back to the States, I thought it would be cool to get it framed so that I could hang it on my wall of my apartment as a conversational piece. Not thinking or should I say not aware of what I was about to do, when I was getting it framed I threw away the original bag in which it had been stored for 40+ years . Reguardless, this piece still gives me joy just looking at it and knowing that this is the piece that started my enjoyable obsession...I mean hobby.

John
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Market Garden; 01-01-2004, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X