Five place Ribbon bar - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five place Ribbon bar - question

From what awards these ribbons? The first to the left - EK II, this is understandable. But other four?
    Thanks

It looks like

1. EK
    2 Red Eagle Order
    3.?
    4. Schwartzburg Honor Cross
    5?
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

I think #5 is the Baltic cross???

Comment

#3 is a Finnish Medal of Liberty 1st Class

I do not think #4 is the Schwarzburg decoration. The blue stripes are of equal width on the Schwarzburg Honor Cross (and the Medal for Merit in War, the enlisted EK2 equivalent worn on the same ribbon). Also, I don't think a German decoration would come after a foreign one.

#2 may be a faded Hamburg Hanseatic Cross. That would make sense for a Baltic veteran. I think if there was a Red Eagle, there'd also be a long service ribbon.

Comment

Dave,

I think I have an explanation for the order placement. #3 looks like a faded Braunschweig EA Cross ribbon to me. A pic of the back would show whether those stripes are yellow or white. Stripes look a bit broader than the Finn award. That would make the combo OK. Thoughts? Steve

Comment

It is hard to tell from the picture, but if #3 is green with white stripes, it is likely a Saxon Albert Order.

Comment

Hello,

the 3rd ribbon looks Rumanian (whether the whitish side-stripes are white, interwowen with silver wire), for the Order of the Crown.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Comment

It seems to me much of the confusion is due to the size of this photo. Here it is for all to see from the linked one above and enhanced.

My stab at these:

#1 - EK 2
                #2 - Hamburg Cross
                #3 - Braunschweig Ernst August Cross
                #4 - Schwartzburg Silver Medal for Merit
                #5 - Baltic Cross

The only other possibility that I can see on #4 is the Oldenburg War Merit Medal but that makes no sense at all on this bar. The only other possibility with that color combo, stripe width or not, seems to be the Schwartzburg medal. Hope this at least allows us a better discussion. Steve
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X