More info on WW1 s/p please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More info on WW1 s/p please

hi, i have both, The designs on both pieces show five medals-each shows two IRON CROSSES, The BAVARIAN ORDER OF MILITARY MERIT, The HINDENBURG CROSS and The WOUND BADGE. One of the pins shows the Bavarian Order in bronze and the Wound Badge in Black. The other pin shows the Bavarian Order in Silver and the Wound Badge in Silver.

my question is what did this person do in the military? was he a pilot or parachutest? and was this from ww1 to ww2 or just ww1?

any help would be super. thanks greg k
    Attached Files

closer of bronze one.
    Attached Files

Comment

silver one..
      Attached Files

Comment

silver one.. close up. and last one..
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice stickpins. They are both WW1 as all the awards are WW1-period.

Comment

What is BIZARRE is the FLAMES between the arms of both Bavarian MM Crosses. There were flames only on the ORDERS, not on the CROSSES!

Comment

so having those flames in them are pretty rare? and also what do you think this guy was in the military? a pilot? or?? thanks so far.. greg k

Comment

Hi,

this are nice ones!
                I assume this maker just used his tools for the MVO minis also to make the MVK minis. Never seen this variant before.

The bronze MVK combo probably belonged to a Bavarian Unteroffizier, the silver MVK combo a Feldwebel.
                No longer serving career NCO´s, otherwise there would be a long service award.
                No pilot, no para, no tank, than he would have the fitting additional badges.
                So Infantry, Cavalry or Artillery left.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

As an aside, but for the crown, the first bronze one would match Adolf Hitler's awards.

Comment

i never knew that, thanks..
                    so i got two nice s/p's then. again thanks.. i only paid $25.00 for both, is that a good deal? and what do you think they are worth? thanks greg k

Comment

25 bucks BOTH is a good deal.
                      50 for Both would also be o.k. (just my opinion)

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X