Does this pilot's badge look good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this pilot's badge look good?

Everything that I have learn't about these tells me this is a good one, price seems very cheap, maybe seller just listing it that way to get minimal ebay fee's

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ORIGINAL-WW1-...QQcmdZViewItem

Pity it is Australia only, I know a friend who could probably organise and be a third party, just a pain though

what is everyone's thoughts on this badge?
    Does the certificate look ok?

To be honest, I think Ships to: Australia is absolutely brilliant! As an Aussie, I am sick of "US Only" or "Europe Only" auctions.

I think I'll have to bid, purely on principle!!

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

What is your opinion on the though badge Mike?

to me, the details look really good, although a couple of the pictures are a bit blurry,
      I am not sure though about the blobs around the crown,

thoughts?

Comment

Pilots Badge

Hello,
        The badge is a typical original hollow back. I have owned them in the past and these used to be rather common-not any more.

Regards,
        Jody

Comment

Pilot badge

Mr Smith, the badge to my mind is 100% good.Nice war issue stamped example. It is cheap because it has only just come on ebay and no one has bid on it yet ! Ferg1.

Comment

And

I would also say that it was out of the Juncker outlet judging by the obverse details.Ferg1

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmith View Post
              What is your opinion on the though badge Mike?

to me, the details look really good, although a couple of the pictures are a bit blurry,
              I am not sure though about the blobs around the crown,

thoughts?
              Hi Charles,

Well, the overriding principle of "I would not bid on a fake" applies, even to an Aussie seller! Basically, I agree with the others who believe it's a genuine hollow stamped example.

Regards
              Mike

PS: No chance of me actually bidding anyway as I'll be eBay "surf controlled" until well after the auction finishes
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike, I thought it looked good, wasn't sure.

I guess when sellers post huge pictures showing all the details its a positive sign.

Comment

I asked the seller if he would accept international bids and say he woun't because he dosen't accept paypal

Comment

Looks like he is willing to accept bids from outside Australia now.

Comment

thanks, didn't notice that

at the price it is going for at the moment, think I'll wait for the last few minutes and bid, snap it up as a bargin.

Comment

Final Price

At A$866 not quite the bargain we had all hoped for!!

Originally posted by MrSmith View Post
                        thanks, didn't notice that

at the price it is going for at the moment, think I'll wait for the last few minutes and bid, snap it up as a bargin.

Comment

I think that must be a new record for a stamped issue badge!! The guy who won it must have wanted it bigtime!!! Maybe it was because I said it was from the Juncker outlet . I am sure it was but that is crazy money Ferg1.

Comment

For what I think is a genuine badge, a good deal...

Comment

Pilot badge

That's fine Brian,if you think that is a good deal,bit punchy for me,I think that is more than the average dealer is charging for one!! Just as a footnote, running at the same time on ebay was a badge in Germany exactly the same ( Juncker outlet example) IMO slightly less wear ,it had a 'buy it now ' for a 1/3 of the money this one fetched. No one seemed to pick it up. I thought it was a better badge all round. Still ,I am not complaining.Ferg1.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X