Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone Identify this medal

Hello:

Attached is a partial pic of a replica group of Manfred Von Richthofen’s Medals. What is the medal second from the last and does anyone have a better picture of it?

John
    Attached Files

John, this is the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Order of the Iron Crown, 3rd class with War Decoration.

Comment

Mike - Thanks! Know where I can find a better picture of it?

John

Comment

John, there is no better place to find information on this award than this forum.
        try a search on the "Imperial Forum" under "Order of the Iron Crown" on page 2 there are some great pictures supplied by "Stogie-Rick"

Comment

brain cramp

Mike:

You're right, what was I thinking... this site is a wealth knowledge.

Comment

Yup, lots of stuff lurking in the back pages.

Here's front and back of this class from my friend Ted's collection:
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet looking medal! I would like to purchase one but I don't know squat about Imperial awards, what is the price that this medal fetches on the market?

John

Comment

In the 22 May Floyd, Johnson & Paine auction:

642. AUSTRIA. Order of the Iron Crown, third class with war decoration. Bronze-gilt and enamel, with star-punch and "A.E. Kochert" on the reverse ribband. In titled case, VF+.
                (Est $300-400)

Comment

As much as I love this forum, for Austrian awards there really is no place better than Glenn's site. Here is the page on the Iron Crown:

http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/eko.htm

Dave

PS: Props to Glenn's colleague Jörg as well, although I don't know if he's a member of this forum too.

Comment

Heres one on a medal bar.

With Laurel wreath & swords,but no EK.

Comment

Johnny:

That is a nice medal bar! How and where did you come to acquire it?

John

Comment

John.

I bought it quite some time ago from one of the forum sponsors.
                        It was expensive. JdL

Comment

WoW!
                          very nice bar indeed! Classic to an Austrian officer who saw front-line action and was recalled to the wehrmacht. Well worth the money as it must've belonged to at least a Major and maybe a General.

Comment

Holy Cow! I just priced an Order of the Iron Crown, 3rd class at LMC and they are asking a whopping 695 British Pounds or $1117.00 USD. I guess I'll put that one on the wish list right behind the DK in Gold.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X