Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

Hello Everyone my name is Erik and I am a new member. I have a question. My dad has told me what I have to do to get one of these medal bars but its alot of work. I have todo alot more than i had todo to be member! Is that right? Medals a from dead guys mostly and members are alive. Alive is better so I think the chores should be less than before. I also don't know which medal bar to pick is one beter than the other???
    Attached Files
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
    -the fear of long words . . . .

Here is the other one. One bar is straight and the other is side ways. I dont know which one to pick when I finish my bunch of jobs
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mr. Erik, yes medals are usually from dead guys but are older than us members (at least most of the members) so you'll have to do more chores to acquire some medals and obviously some medals are easier (cheaper) to obtain. What type of medals are you interested in? In this section you would be looking at Imperial medals which has it low end and of course high end. The Hindenburg cross and the Iron cross (2nd class) won't kill your social life when working for the money. It boils down to price, what are the prices of the bars?
      Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

The first one is a nice Hessian bar that could have belonged to a private up to a Captain, and is in the backwards wearing style for wear only on a civilian suit. The Hessian medal, if it is real silver, would be from the first half of World War One, 1914-16, but if it is silver plated alloy, then 1917-18.

The other one is a Saxon pair that could have been won only by a private or private first class (the bronze medal was given only to those ranks).

Both are from before 1934-35. The backs and pins might help with more exact dating. The second medal bar could have been worn on a uniform during the war, but the first one, since it is for civilian clothes, must be from the 1920s.

Comment

I don't like the way the second is put together... I'd go for the first.

Jan

Comment

Good mornig, OK I will go for the first one. Thanks everbody.

I have to go to school now then start my bunch of jobs after school.

Mr. Rick my dad says you are rell smart and know a bunch about the medals. Thanks sir.

Erik with the jobs

Comment

...and Mr. Rick is as old as the people you'll get these medals from

If you go after the value of the medal-bars, the hessian one is higher. But both are very nice and in the beginning of my own collecting I started with such medal-bars too. Good "medal hunting" Erik!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X