Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help on ID a badge...

Hello,
    I would like to ask for help in find out what this badge is. Since someone told me that's Kriegsmarine (???) I've started asking from here...
    Many thanks for your support!
    Daniele
    Last edited by Daniele Tirelli; 06-07-2007, 09:54 AM.

Last edited by Daniele Tirelli; 06-07-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The badge looks like a WWI WB .I have seen a WWI WB in gold like this

Comment

Grazie Genoa41!

That would make sense..I was wondering too about the lacking of swaz..
        WWI Kriegsmarine? Or other nation?
        Thanks!
        Daniele

Originally posted by genoa41 View Post
        The badge looks like a WWI WB .I have seen a WWI WB in gold like this

Comment

It's a WWI Imperial Navy (kaiserliche Marine) wound badge in black - be careful, there's a lot of fakes around since they're a little pricier than the regular wound badges. BTW - as far as I know, the Imperial Navy wasn't called Kriegsmarine but kaiserliche Marine, the WW2 Navy the Kriegsmarine, and the Weimar Navy the Reichsmarine.... please correct me if I'm mistaken
          Best Regards
          Rainer

Comment

Originally posted by R. Schmitt View Post
            It's a WWI Imperial Navy (kaiserliche Marine) wound badge in black - be careful, there's a lot of fakes around since they're a little pricier than the regular wound badges. BTW - as far as I know, the Imperial Navy wasn't called Kriegsmarine but kaiserliche Marine, the WW2 Navy the Kriegsmarine, and the Weimar Navy the Reichsmarine.... please correct me if I'm mistaken
            Best Regards
            Rainer
            Hi Rainer,
            You are correct about the names, and to be honest this example does not look like an Imperial war-time produced piece. I have owned a few good examples in my day and they did not have a reverse set up like this. In addition the obverse really lacks detail. The pin and catch on this example looks a lot like the stuff found on 1957 awards.

Regards,
            Jody
            Last edited by Jody Beltram; 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram View Post
              Hi Rainer,
              You are correct about the names, and to be honest this example does not look like an Imperial war-time produced piece. I have owned a few good examples in my day and they did not have a reverse set up like this. In addition the obverse really lacks detail. The pin and catch on this example looks a lot like the stuff found on 1957 awards.

Regards,
              Jody
              I agree with Jody. Although the design is based on the genuine Assmann produced variant, this example was most likely produced post-45 based on the hardware.

Regards
              Mike

PS: I'm goint to move this thread to Imperial for more responses.
              Last edited by Mike Kenny; 05-04-2007, 10:29 PM.
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help!
                I will surely stay away from it then!
                Deeply thanks again,
                Daniele

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                I agree with Jody. Although the design is based on the genuine Assmann produced variant, this example was most likely produced post-45 based on the hardware.

Regards
                Mike

PS: I'm goint to move this thread to Imperial for more responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram View Post
                  Originally posted by R. Schmitt
                  Best Regards
                  Rainer
                  Hi Rainer,

Regards,
                  Jody
                  On the names, just as a side note, the Imperial Navy was generally referred to as the Kaiserliche Marine or Kaiserlich Deutsche Marine, but Kriegsmarine was also a legitimate term.

Article 53(1) of the Law on the constitution of the German Empire of 16 April 1871 (Gesetz betreffend die Verfassung des Deutschen Reiches vom 16. April 1871) stated that "Die Kriegsmarine des Reichs ist eine einheitliche unter dem Oberbefehl des Kaisers." This was an amendment of the Law on War Service Obligations of 9 November 1867 (Gesetz, betreffend die Verpflichtung zum Kriegsdienste vom 9. November 1867), which stated that "Die Bundeskriegsmarine ist eine einheitliche unter Preußischem Oberbefehl." The same 1871 constitution also uses Kaiserliche Marine in other places.

The Imperial laws of 1871 generally removed all the "Bundes-" references from the laws of the North German Confederation, where the navy was called either the Bundesmarine or Bundeskriegsmarine. The army was changed from the Bundesheer to the Deutsches Heer or Reichsheer.

Comment

I love this Forum!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X