-WWI tankers Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-WWI tankers Badge

Hello This badge belongs to a friend. WWI badges aren't my field of collecting but if this is real, I would love to have it to go my WWII PB. Thanks for any input. Kirby
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Close up
      Attached Files

Comment

Another shot
        Attached Files

Comment

I think you should go for it...Tom
          Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't rule this one out yet... Haven't seen this with this maker. This mark should be compared to others by the same maker. As rare as this badge is it seems unlikely, but you never know. I can't tell from the photos if it's cast or stamped.

Comment

Do some searches, here for example is a good fire medal on the e stand. Different mark, but this is only a start...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=glaser

I'm having a hard time coming up with a maker mark like this... Damn good if a faker choses a name not often encountered and stamps out the full name. Again, I"d be curious if it's cast or stamped.

Comment

Interesting...
                Attached Files
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Stamped version...
                  Attached Files
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

And here is where it gets really interesting....
                    Attached Files
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Period looking hinge, Don. With the mm I'd say more than just interesting. Downright convincing. "IAWS"?

Comment

AWS- same as the EK1 maker. It makes me wonder if one or two companies didn't provide the Obverse stamping for these since the demand was probably limitted. I could see a guy going into a medal sellers shop looking for one since they had to buy thier own. The medal seller would order the obverse strike and then do the reverse setup to the customer's desires????
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes, of course, and because it was so limited you only wanted a handful for filling out your inventory to include absolutely everything. But setting up the tool and die way to expensive for just a few. Or, conversely, AWS supplied the setup to the company that stamped this. But your theory more convincing.

Comment

Hello Guys Thanks for the information. My friend has been collecting for almost 50 years and he has some amazing stuff in his collection. I think this badge is real but these are so rare it's hard the know. I'll be posting a few more of his items. Thanks Kirby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X