Kokarden Reserve - I NEED HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kokarden Reserve - I NEED HELP !

Who can tell me, from which parts of the Imperial Germany are these Kokarden ?
    Thanks!

1. ? - Sachsen Weimar !
    2. ? - Bayern !
    3. ? - Preussen !
    4. Preussen
    5. Hessen
    6. Preussen
    7. ? - Anhalt ?
    Last edited by Leibhusar; 04-28-2007, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hello Leibhusar,

I just wanted to mention that the cross on your #6, appears to be the same as the reservist crosses on the (Brunswick) IR No. 92 helmet front plates. I do not know if this style was exclusive to this, and perhaps a few other, regiments or generic to all Prussian regiments; but I thought that I should point it out.

That is a nice collection that you have there; and an interesting area to collect as well.

Best wishes,

Wild Card
      Attached Files

Comment

Great Site for this Info

The following link to "Pocket German Army" will take you to a website containing a colored chart of the states’ cockades.

At the bottom of the gateway page you will find "Other Resources" and under that "State & Imperial Cockade Colours"

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maam.../milindex.html

Comment

Originally posted by W McSwiggan View Post
          The following link to "Pocket German Army" will take you to a website containing a colored chart of the states’ cockades.

At the bottom of the gateway page you will find "Other Resources" and under that "State & Imperial Cockade Colours"

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maam.../milindex.html
          Thank you for your help. Now I know the number 1 is Sachsen-Weimar. But I have no idea number 3 and 7 Opinions ?

Comment

Steven,

I bid on these too and think they sold for a very fair price. I have a small collection of these. Number 4 is a Prussian Landwehr cockade. I found it in a prewar Moritz Ruhl plate book. No luck on the other one yet.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
              Steven,

I bid on these too and think they sold for a very fair price. I have a small collection of these. Number 4 is a Prussian Landwehr cockade. I found it in a prewar Moritz Ruhl plate book. No luck on the other one yet.

Chip

A nice collection . I own the "Kraetzchen" cockade from Bavaria (in the middle) too.

PS: Yes, the price was ok for these Landwehr cockades.

Comment

Opinions cockade 7

Comment

Since I don't see a green, white, red cockade anywhere on the listing of German state cockades, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that perhaps number 7 isn't German. Bulgarian perhaps???
                  Last edited by Mike Dwyer; 04-21-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dwyer View Post
                    Since I don't see a green, white, red cockade anywhere on the listing of German state cockades, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that perhaps number 7 isn't German. Bulgarian perhaps???
                    The colors could be Bulgaria, but the Landwehr cross is from Germany. I don't think the cockade is a put together fantasy item....
                    Last edited by Leibhusar; 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Other opinions or comments

Comment

Perhaps the wording on the cross would be a clue. You should be able to read it under a magnifying glass.

Chip

Comment

Possible Herzogtum Anhalt (1863 - 1918) ? The flag:

Comment

Leibhusar,

The Anhalt cockade was all green according to my information.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                              Leibhusar,

The Anhalt cockade was all green according to my information.

Chip
                              You are ritght with the green color. But I found in a book the information, they used the colors green-red-white in 1918 too. But I don't know the exactly combination of these three colors......What color in the middle etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X