WWI Pilot badge stick pin????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Pilot badge stick pin????

up for your review is what I think is a WWI german pilot badge stick pin..
    Thanks for any input.
    Van
    Attached Files

back, looks like it had a mm??
    Attached Files

Comment

size..
      Attached Files

Comment

stick pin

Hi Van, looks fine to me ! Ferg1

Comment

Great, thanks..
          Van

Comment

Nice item

Comment

Hello, Im thinking about putting this up for sale on the estand, anyone give me an idea of a fair price to ask for it???? thanks for any help..
              Van

Comment

I'm a bit late for this one, but would like add some thoughts about this mini and please perceive it as just that, thoughts .

Better images can be seen in this thread, which also explains my previous question:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=304801

I've a similar in buntmetall with the pin soldered directly to the badge. That one is 1mm longer and has the usual cross at the top of the crown. Even if that difference in size possibly could explain the lack of such a cross on the mini shown here, there is nothing in this image suggesting there ever was one. It has also been confirmed that the surface is smooth, which further reduce plausibility.

Van, I'm sorry if these comments have had a negative effect for your sale, but minitures rarely show up and I grap every opportunity, should anomalies be revealed.

cheers
                Peter

Comment

Nope, thats ok, different makers did things differently all the time...
                  Van

Comment

Nothing screams fake to me. What is the marking on the reverse?
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Looks like an L with maybe a / but that is all I can see..
                      Thanks..
                      Van

Comment

Sorry for bad news, but it is not an original. Originals have the crown distinctly mounted above the wreath and distinct ribbon ends on the bottom of the wreath. Most originals that I have see are marked "800" on the reverse. If I wasn't such a dolt and knew how to post pictures, I would give you an example of an original.
                        Lyn

Comment

Hi Lyn, the position of the crown being lower does NOT indicate that this is a fake! IMO the pin is a good 1920's piece, in fact ,I believe that some of these pieces (like this one) were made with a slightly lower crown as an indication of the Kaisers abdication. I have several of these and the crown is in varying positions ( higher and lower). This one is fine.Ferg1.

Comment

Oh, and also there are several base metals used too (according to the pocket of the buyer) varies from brass/bronze(buntmetall) zink (kriegsmetall) and silver (800,925935,etc...). Ferg1.

Comment

Hi Ferg,

If this is a 1920's piece, perhaps you care to explain the L/? marking, which wasn't introduced until 1941 as well as the lack of any cross on top of the crown.

cheers
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X