Christmas present from Hermann?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas present from Hermann?

Hi Guys, just thought I would run this past you ,someone may have heard of this. I was at a small militaria fair today and fished out of a dark corner of a dealers cabinet a small oval table medal ,looked to be silvered bronze or tombac.Front detail had the coat of arms of Reichpresident Hermann Goring in very fine detail,reverse was engraved ,in German , obviously and translated as 'For loyalty at Christmas 1935 . To Karl Bolle ' Then it had the names of Hermann and his wife under neath. As we all know Karl Bolle was a WW1 fighter ace who ,I think, was appointed by Goring in the thirties as an adviser to luftwaffe matters. Anyone seen anything like this before?? I have the dealers number if I want to purchase but thought I would run this past you guys first. Any clues????????? Ferg1.

I have never seen such a thing but it sounds interesting. I think
    the TR/Luft guys might have more information for you.

Comment

Ferg,

I researched a bit and came up with these table medals. While they are not what you describe, they do show commemorative type medals presented by or to Goering around the same date. These came off of Germanica's site. While he sells bogus PlM's, his specialty is Goering for his personal collection. Here they are if they help for comparison value. Steve
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your information Steve,very interesting. Ferg1.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X