Help with Valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Valuations

Hi guys , i have recently been cataloguing my entire collection after my wife asked how much i`d spent in the last 2 years.
    I am pretty confident with my 3rd reich items as thats the main part of my collecting , but when i tried to put values to these items i was stumped . Obviously all these pieces need to be valued for the purpouse of me adding my collection to my household insurance .
    Any help on these would be very gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance...Stomper
    1st up is a stunning Hamburg set

2nd up is a Cased hindenburg set with original doc under lid

And lastly another cased Hamburg set with stickpin and doc`

Ok then Stomper I'll be first to have a stab ... My thoughts are the Hamburg set around £75 - the FKEK set £35-40 and the Hamburg Feldehrenzeichen set £90. All the rices are very 'ish' and probably a little on the low side ... I prefer to be cautious

Comment

Thanks Sadlad,
      Can i just note that i am looking for insurance prices rather than collector.

Comment

Risky!

Hi guys , i have recently been cataloguing my entire collection after my wife asked how much i`d spent in the last 2 years.

Stomper, what you are doing is very smart in case something happens to you, but I would recommend putting the values on a piece of paper in a sealed envelopes somewhere safe. What you are doing could also be a dangerous endeavor. This reason I'm saying this is two fold. One is, a lot of wives start complaining (sometimes a lot) when they find out exactly how much we spend on this hobby of ours, and secondly, and God forbid if things go south in a marriage, but I had a friend who had to sell his collection off during a divorce because the wife wanted half of the value, and she knew exactly how much it was worth because he had given it to her beforehand. Call me cautious or paranoid, but I've been there and seen it. Good luck!

Comment

I will take that advice to heart mate , thanks...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X