Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hessen Leutnant Research

Hi Guys,

I have this Carte de Visite for a Hessen Leutnant. I have nothing else on him and I do not know the date of the card...but does someone have a Rangliste or unit history for his Regiment that contains a little more info on the man??? Cheers and thanks in advance for any help...Torsten.
    Attached Files

Hi torstenbel,

the Infanterie - Leibregiment Großherzogin (3. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr. 117 had his barraks in Mainz (Rhein).

In a list of antiquarian books in the internet I found an offer of a book about Friedrich Schiller (printed 1905) with an Exlibris of
    Annemarie and Hanns Keiper. This could be your guy (and his wife).

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post

In a list of antiquarian books in the internet I found an offer of a book about Friedrich Schiller (printed 1905) with an Exlibris of
      Annemarie and Hanns Keiper. This could be your guy (and his wife).

Gerdan
      Hi Gerdan, thank you very much... I cannot imagine that there would have been too many Hanns Keiper around at that time as it is not a common name of course and that probably would be him ... hope that book will not be too expesnive... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

There were two lieutenant Keipers in ILR 117 in World War I - Ludwig and Hans with one "n". Ludwig Keiper left the regiment in 1914 and became an aviator and later rose to Generalleutnant in the Luftwaffe. Hans entered the regiment during the war. Leib and Garde regiments tended to be family traditions, so these all might have been related.

I don't have an older rank list to check for other Keipers, though.

Comment

Hi torsten,

go to see the follwing page:

http://www.antikbuch24.de/buchdetails_2780851.html.

There will will find the offer. It costs 8,-- € and postage.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X