Imperial medal ribbon sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial medal ribbon sources?

Do any of you ladies or gentlemen know of any reliableand affordable sources regarding Imperial medals, decorations and such. There are so many original medals out there without ribbons and dealers offering replacement ribbons, but who aren't well advised on the topic. Thanks.

These guys have the most accurate measurements and colors and variety that I have found.

http://www.worldmedals.co.uk/Rib/germrib.htm

I have ordered from them several times and I have always been happy. No one else has the veteran and odd state medals in different measurements like they do. But if you want non-UV ribbon, I would check out some sources on German eBay. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
      I have ordered from them several times and I have always been happy.

I bought from them a couple of times as well and was also pleased with the goods as well as the customer service. The ribbons definitely seem new in terms of stiffness/weave and brightness when you get them, but the colors and specifications have been dead on. In fact, on this thread on the estand, the ribbon from the Schaumberg-Lippe cross was bought from them. You can kind of see what I am describing from the pictures by comparing the texture to the two Hansiatic Crosses beside it.

Buying ribbon off of eBay seems to be a serious crapshoot. My 2 cents worth of advice it to just accept that the ribbon is not original and don't waste time trying to find non-UV ribbons.

Comment

ribbon sources

try swotls militariawelt <info@deutscheorden.de > or <office@deutscheorden.de >

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X