Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Tannenberg to Palestina

Hi friends,

a bar from a Musikmeister from Tannenberg - Lodz - Serbien - Mazedonien - Palestina.... a long way through WW1....

Werner
    Attached Files

That's a strannnnnnnge combination of awards:

Bulgaria's highest (???) Bravery award... with a ??? Turkish Sanay Arts and Sciences Medal (that seems to have been what they handed out to "can't figure out what to bestow" characters).

What's the huge one with the bearded guy in the center, and the tiny one hidden between it and the Austrian Silver Merit Cross with Crown?

Comment

Good morning Rick,

the huge medal with the bearded guy - bearded like you??? - is the bronze merit medal from Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The small medal after it is a unofficial wedding-medal from Brunswick.

I think it isn't the bulgarian bravery medal - it is the medal of merit, older head of King Ferdinand (Vernon's collector guide).

It's the only one bar with the bronze Allegemeinen Ehrenzeichen I have in my collection.

Werner

Comment

Ayuh, I know it's the Bulgarian "Order of Merit," but that was supposed to be their "highest" bravery award... got a photo of one, however, after peacetime orders in a photo I posted over in International recently.

I'd have expected a category of soldier like him to have gotten a Saint Alexander Merit Cross!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X