EK2 opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 opinions please

New arrival in my collection. Marked on the ring "E.W"?? I have a slight concern about the fact that the frame seems to be riding the W (bottom left and top right of the W) as if the frame is too small. Is this to be expected?
    Attached Files

EK2 opinions

the ring marking
    Attached Files

Comment

EK2 opinions

Here is the front after all....Comments on the W issue???
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice cross!

I have one of these "E.W." marked EKs too, but the maker is unknown.

Comment

Very nice!
          Dont you just love the beading on this one?

Comment

Has the core been repainted? Methinks the inner lower left has a black paint spot on the beaded rim. Is it magnetic?

Comment

EK2

Thanks for the comments so far. Having now sorted out camera problems, here are 2 more photos showing close-ups of frame over the W. Does not look right to me. And you?? core not magnetic as far as I can tell.
              Attached Files

Comment

EK2

Another shot of the top of the W
                Attached Files

Comment

No problems with it, I have many EKs with the core not exactly centered in the frame. Is it really not magnetic? This would be a little rarity!

Comment

EK2

It is not so much the "riding over" the W that concernes me but the fact that the underneath part of the frame seems to have been "pulled up" (arrowed bits). See what I mean?

Are you asking me if the cross is acting like a magnet? If so, no. It is steel-based I guess (is attracted by a magnet).
                    Can you explain about this. I was not aware of anything related to this.
                    Attached Files

Comment

These "pulled up" marks you can find sometimes. The frame is usually hollow-made. With magnetic I meant, that it is attracted by a magnet, so your cross has the correct iron core. But variations with brass or zink cores are possible but very rare.

Here is a pic of the construction:
                      Attached Files

Comment

The EK on this medal-bar has got a brass core and was maybe made in the 20s or 30s:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X