Is this real??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this real??

Hello, someone that can tell me if this Wound badge is real??

Thanks//Charlia

Looks like a Silver or Golden Woundbadge in the painted version. You can find two types of the Golden and Silver Woundbadge: Gold/Silver-plated and Gold/Silver-painted. With that type of pin it looks ok, but the color of the paint is difficult to identify.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

What do you recommend??
      Buy or not to buy it for 20 bucks??

Comment

Which class is it? Silver or Gold and who is selling it? A reputable dealer?

Comment

The seller is a unknown seller, but with a 100% positive feedback (200 feedback). He sells mostly militaria, and it is offered on the Swedish "eBay"spinoff, "Tradera"
          He sells it as silver.
          Last edited by Charlia; 04-06-2003, 04:21 PM.

Comment

In my opinion this badge is ok but you should try to get a better pic of the front.

Comment

It may just be the scan, but that looks like Feldgrau paint and not the "MattweiƟ" silver finish.

Although it is certainly cheap, I would pass on it and wait for a nicer one. The hinge is a type (formed to sit on a "plate") I'd date as Third Reich, and a "flat" badge like this is more usual in post-1918 badges than issue types which are slightly in relief with three dimensional hollow stamped sides like this one:
              Attached Files

Comment

This particular badge is brass with a matte finish applied, which I think is more common for the silver and gold classes. Usually the black class is on steel.

It may be difficult to see in this straight on scan, but the sides are a couple of millimeters deep. The one in your angled scan looks as if it would sit flat on the pebbled background if there was no pin, whereas this (and most of them) are "dished" out.

Reverse-
                Attached Files

Comment

Ricks badge is one of the "cheaper" silver painted badges. There are (rare) black badges made from brass too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X