Some Navy Flying Badge Oddballs for Xmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Navy Flying Badge Oddballs for Xmas

I posted these elsewhere, but thought you might a kick out of these. This first one is in festive colours, too. Any other cased Navies out there for comparison?

Salty, but real. You can feel that cold North Sea wind pounding into the gilding...or else it was an over-zealous batman!

Comment

Comment

Any other Godet flying badges out there? This is prinzen sized, with I believe the firm's mark from the late 1920s...

Comment

Finally, this oddball...Meybauer.

Rgds
          John

Comment

gratulations,
            the schaper-badge in the rare case is a dream.i am looking for such a badge in case for over 5 years.

but now the bad news:
            the prinzensize and the "Meybauer" are fakes.
            the "meybauer" badge is copy the which is mostly stamped with schaper on the needle. you find them often at ebay.

best regards
            marko

Comment

Hi, Marko. Thank you for your comments. I have not seen this Godet stamping on other fakes on eBay. Is it turning up on other insignia? On the Meybauer, the plating, if you can tell by the photograph, is also very worn, but the badge underneath is silver which is tarnishing unlike the cast Schapers I have seen. They are both wacky badges which I couldn't resist at a cheap price, but I welcome more reaction...or sightings of these!

Comment

Damn, that Schaper badge is a dream

Comment

...may not be cased but plenty of gilting. ...case would be very nice... but...
                  Attached Files

Comment

...mm
                    Attached Files

Comment

hi,

this type of godet stamping you will find on iron cross fakes often,and the needlesystem of the prinzensize is definitly not godet, it is past 1945.

look at the "3balls" under the cross of the crown at the meybauer fake, it is typically for this fake.also the needlesystem is definitly not meybauer, it sould imitate the schaper-needlesystem, and at least the sunstripes are too long, they sould not go through the eagle.

i can not put pictures in here.give me your emailadress, and i will send you some pictures of the fake with meybauer and schaper stamps.

best regards
                      marko

Take a look at my webshop
                      www.rheinland-orden.de

Comment

Hi, Marko. I've PM`ed you. If you can't post I'll be happy to so we can all have a look. Rgds

Comment

Here is one of each repro Schaper from Marko.

The first tip-off for me is always the cast maker's mark. Otherwise, the differences are not that obvious to me. Marko?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X