"Newbie" Imperial Medals Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Newbie" Imperial Medals Question

I've been collecting 3rd Reich militaria for a number of years, but know little about Imperial era awards. The identical medals on tri-fold ribbons were included in a collection I recently acquired. Could you please tell me what these are called and also what they might be worth as I would like to put them on the estand or trade them off once I know a bit more about them. In addition, I'd like to share what appears to be a "home-made" award from the same collection.
    Attached Files

Reverse of Above

Attached Files

Comment

Detail

Closer
      Attached Files

Comment

"Homemade Award"

The 2nd Imperial item is what appears to be a 2 Mark Silver Coin showing the Kaiser that has been cut out and mounted for wear. Was this commonplace? The hinge and pin assembly look like they were jeweler done or at least better than an unskilled put-together. Does this have any appeal or value to collectors? Thank you for the help!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

"The Other Side of the Coin" so to speak! All replies are appreciated!
          Attached Files

Comment

I am not 100% on this but I believe this to be the Hungarian war
            service medal.

no idea on value.

Comment

Yes, I think Hungaria too. The value...? In my opinion not more than 15-20 US$.

Comment

Yep, it's the hungarian ww1 medall, official and very common. I'd guess the value is around 30 euros or so. The second is a patriotic pin portraying Emperor Friedrich I. I have no idea s to it's value, If it's period it would date back to 1888, when he ruled very shortly, only three months or so, before dying of throat-cancer.
                Antti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X