Bavarian Foot Arty Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Foot Arty Uniform

I recently acquired a Bavarian Foot Artillery Captain's field grey uniform with an unusual award ribbon sequence in the button hole. Does anyone out there have the ability to search for the names of officers that won this group of awards. They consist of the Bavarian Military Merit Cross, Iron Cross Second Class and the Saxony Albert Order 2nd Class. Also sports the Iron Cross 1st Class. Thanks

Hi maddog39,

I’m not sure but if I understand you correctly, you have only the ribbons present. If that is so, identification would present some real problems.

Since we are talking about a captain, the first ribbon should be a military merit order (not cross); but we don’t know if it had the swords and/or crown. With regard to the Saxon Albert Order, with just the ribbon, we can’t tell if it is first or second class; and again, with or without swords.

This is my first impression. There are other members who are far more qualified at such identification work. Hopefully one of them will jump in.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

That combination of awards is to common to provide an identification. Did you check the pockets for a makers label? If one is present it may have a name on it.
      Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

regimental number on the epalettes?

Comment

Numbers on shoulder boards

The shoulder boards have the number 15.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X