Bavarian Pilot Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regular122 View Post
    I find the whole thing baffling, given that the company, which is still in business, claims it has never traded under any other name.
    Steve, absolutely. And that is what you get when an e-mail is sent to a receptionist named Ingrid who knows nothing past when she started working there. Or, as I did, send a formal request by mail, in German, to the head archivist of the city and carry on a dialogue to determine the actual facts.

To make this accessible, I have placed an explanation on my flight badge page HERE along with some photos of non-military items in both spellings. Hopefully that will be of interest.

I am questioned often as to why I do not discuss fakes on my web pages. My reply is that I encourage people to look at originals the come to their own conclusions. A very good updated article by Robert Pandis is available HERE which does a very good summary of fake flight badges. I would encourage anyone interested in buying a flight badge to read it.

Originally posted by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Every single (fake) badge that has these marks are inferior to known originals, and when compared side by side, the differences are blatant and obvious.
    Finally someone said it! Thank you Steven. People seem to focus on the markings and completely ignore quality. By the way, step on my toes anytime, I wear Combat Boots to work every day. You are doing great work. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony & Kaiser View Post

Finally someone said it! Thank you Steven. People seem to focus on the markings and completely ignore quality. By the way, step on my toes anytime, I wear Combat Boots to work every day. You are doing great work. Keep it up!

That is high praise coming from you Tony....

Comment

Great stuff Tony. I had read the pages before and they are quite useful. I used them even recently to bow out of a bid on what looked to be a very convincing Meybauer badge (I am always tempted by Meybauers as they are my favorites). I am glad you posted those links in this thread. They saved me a lot of money. Steve

Comment

I too would like to thank you all. I just received confirmation of a full refund on the Bavarian Pilot badge. $925.

I am in the market for Prussian Pilot badge by CE Juncker and even a Bavarian. This time I'm a little wiser..

Thanks again !

Mike W.

Comment

Thank You!

Great thread guys!

Thank you all for this thread and the information (w/great photos)presented. I almost made the same mistake on eBay that a couple of you made with the same fake Juncker badge. The item isn't that expensive yet, but any money wasted on a fake is still wasted IMO.

eBay: WW1 GERMAN PRUSSIAN PILOT BADGE C E JUNCKER 800 BERLIN (item 230059707927 end time Dec-07-06 17:05:25 PST)
            Many thanks again!
            Tim
            Last edited by Tim Ball; 12-06-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

in search of Bavarian Badge...

Like Gunther, I bought a badge that latter I didn't like. After I learned what to look for in an authentic badge, I realized that there just aren't any of those for sale.

There are just not many out there in the market...for the present. But I would sure like to get one for my period badge box!

Comment

Well, with over a day from the auction ending, I had politely informed the seller that I would not be bidding further on the piece and that I found out it was a reproduction.

His reply:

OK

I WAS NOT SURE

JIM

Sure didn't stop him from continuing the auction and making another $200. plus on it! Somebody will be pissed downed the road I'm sure.
                Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X