Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my last purchase (3 Einzelspangen!!!)

Dear Imperialoids,

I am proud to show you my last purchase; three single mounted medal bars with two miniatures:

1) Preussen, Rettungsmedaille OEK 1864
    2) Weimer Republik, Schlesisches Bewährungsabzeichen "Schlesischer Adler", 2. Stufe OEK 3303
    3) Landwehr-DA 1. Klasse, 1868-1920 OEK 1977

Enjoy...

Ciao,

Claudio

Rettungsmedaille... detail

Detail of the Rettungsmedaille
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Claudio,

nice pieces.
      I really like the old livesaving medal. You even got the rare 1st model "KOENIG" instead of the later and far more common "KÖNIG".

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

The Silesian eagle is FASCINATING-the first like this I have seen in a LOOOOOONG time. The fact it has a Breslau tailor's tag is even better. Do you have a weight for it perchance? What do you think it is made of? Buntmetal?
        Nice group

Comment

Sehr schöne Stücke! GREAT! I like the Landwehr-DA, a very well made award. Isn't that the same cross like the Red Eagle Order just with another center?

Comment

detailed pics of the Schlesischer Adler 2. Stufe

Jeff,

This detailed scan is for you. I only can give you the whole weight (medal with bar): 26.7 g (eagle, height 41.9 mm, width 32.4 mm)

I don't know the exact metal composition of the medal (I always have a hard time to determine the different metals). The halfmoon and the incription "FÜR SCHLESIEN" seem to be in White metal. The eagle itself could be a metal composition (brüniert?).

The interesting thing about the tailor's label is that my brother bought almost 17 years ago a quite large German medal bar with many WWI Austrian-Hungarian medals which has the identical label on the backing. Furthermore the ribbons of this single medal bar and of the other medal bar are identically folded.

Jens,

Yes, the Landwehr-DA 1. Klasse is particurlarly nice. The cross' arms look very similar if not iidentical to those of the RAO 4th class. Thanks for your nice words!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Jeff,

This is the bar I was mentioning before... Have you noticed the same label and system of folding the ribbons? We're really leaving in a small world... I have in my collection two ribbon bars coming from the same "breslauischer" tailor...
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X